Monday, October 23, 2006

Marinating....


I'm taking a course in Spiritual Formation and we are focusing in theory and practice on creating "space for God" and meditating on him, his word.

I have always been pretty good and making time to feed my mind, heart, but it seems I would fill and then move to the next piece, next reading, next book, without really integrating, letting sink into my soul.

Waiting, meditating, marinating in the spirit on a phrase, on a word from the scripture reading, on nature are becoming more precious.

Connecting at a deeper level - where we are not even conscious - those streams below.

When shall I come unto the healing waters?
Lifting my heart, I cry to thee my prayer,
Spirit of peace, my comforter and healer,
In whom my springs are found, let my soul meet thee there.

Yah, Ivany is into marinating???? Yes I am!!!! Good for the soul.

1 Comments:

Blogger poof said...

Another term for this is pickling...fermentation...which can lead to spiritual drunkeness. Be careful.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home