Tuesday, July 11, 2006

How are you gettin' on? Made in God's image....


I have yet to sort out the memories and impressions of my trip to Europe. I do know that while a sense of history, and culture gripped me, by far it was the people who had the biggest impact.

People, who desire connection (a chance to cheer on the team, participate in celebration), people who have experienced hardship, and must choose how to react and ways of coping.

People who are made in God's image. One such friend I met was Berndt who worked on the local paper of the SA Social Work institution in Nuremberg.

Extraordinary not because of his unkempt beard, and hair, or mild body odour, but that he has no feet (still manages to ride a bicycle) and two digits for hands.

I had a good chat with Berndt my last day in Nuremberg as we talked German culture, politics, life. Berndt is a child of God, and while I would not want to put him on a pedestal, I do find it encouraging that he has a zest for life, and is enjoying life.

How are you gettin' on?

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Jill said...

Thanks for sharing.

Dave has got me into reading Nouwan's Compassion. It's a interesting and challenging read.

Keep being a visionary!

Natalie

11:59 PM  
Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

It's a great book. Two more MUST reads: "The Irresistible Revolution" Shane Claibourne, and "Red Moon Rising".

It was really good connecting with Dave in Germany. Have a great summer.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Natalie Jill said...

Red Moon Rising is the next on my summer reading list!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home