Friday, October 06, 2006

Attitude of gratitude...

So my hard-drive contents have disappeared - all those good pictures, and tunes, and sayings and book summaries - gone.

However they have left an imprint on my mind. And there is something liberating about starting all over. And keeping it simple as well.

Joy, thanksgiving and prayer - that trio figures prominently in scripture - its a dynamic triumvirate.

To be grateful is to recognize the Love of God in everything He has given us – and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His Love, every moment of existence is a grace for it brings with it immense graces from Him.

Gratitude is a response to grace. The compassionate life is a grateful life, and actions born out of gratefulness are not compulsive but free, not somber but joyful, not fanatical but liberating

Gratitude takes nothing for granted.

It acknowledges each favour, each gift – it also recognizes the giver, the labour behind it, the thought behind it.

May we live in constant dependence upon the merciful kindness of the Father, and thus live our lives in gratitude – in response to his help which comes to us at every moment.

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Jill said...

I feel your pain.

After I finished uni my hardsrive crashed and I lost five years worth of papers and projects. It was hard to let go.

I had a great weekend at YC 2006.

I met up with Donna.

The Mission juices are flowing.

I'll be sure to keep you posted.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Hey Natalie:

Great! Keep the fire stoked! Blessings! By the way how's the other David doing?

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi David,

I came across your blog through other people. I trust that all is going. Life in Calgary is good. New blood has made our youth ministry revived again. Hope to hear from you soon.

MD

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home