Tuesday, September 12, 2006

In His time.....

Yesterday I received a message from a friend via a friend. I was informed that Mr. St. Pierre had died, and that his daughter (who now happens to be a Salvation Army officer) had wanted to know that she was confident that he was in heaven, and she was so thankful for that fact.

About 15 years ago while in Ottawa at Ottawa Citadel I had received a phone call from the Officer in Timmins concerning the father of Darlene Hastings (who attended the corps).

I said I would go visit, the cardiac unit at the Civic Hospital. His surgery was quite significant and while I remember him and our conversation, I don't remember details. I'm sure I read scripture, prayed, listened and was fully present.

I had heard since that time that I had communicated grace to him, and then yesterday his daughter wanted to convey that while she sensed loss, she was so grateful that he was at peace, and wanted me to know of the role I had played.

Quite humbling actually. We sow seeds, not even knowing we're sowing sometimes, we do the little things with great love. We do not always see the result, or perhaps even need to know the result, but then a "grace dropping" happens and we stop and give thanks to God for who he is, his calling on our lives, his timing, his grace.

In his time, he makes all things beautiful in his time - he has set eternity in the hearts of men, and we are privileged to be conduits, both receving and extending that grace.

Glory be to God!

1 Comments:

Blogger KiR said...

Dad, your entry made me weep.
Sensitive heart.

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home