Monday, July 17, 2006

Namaste


Shane Claibourne in "The Irresistible Revolution" (a great read) eloquently addresses kingdom living, incarnation, community.

He learned a lot from the lepers of Calcutta - who normally did not have use for the phrase "thank you", because no-one every gave to them, or acknowledged them.

Mother Teresa started changing that and Claibourne's benefits from another word, "namaste" which translated means "I honour the holy one who lives in you". A word he heard from lepers he came alongside in minstry with Mother Teresa.

Over coffee with a friend last week, he shared of visiting in homes, and people volunteering, "Jesus is here".

Grace is so often mediated through people. We need to be attentive to our soul, eyes open to those around us, seeing Jesus. Sight sometimes is dimmed by advertising, propoganda, agendas, so we need to be intentional.

I was at a funeral Friday, that gave god glory, encouragement to those present, and myself continued motivation to hear "namaste" as I live for Jesus on earth, and as I anticipate "namaste" at the end of my days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

Dad - beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing. Namaste. love, Rochelle

12:42 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Dave,

I can't beat your daughter's comment (as it should be), but I'm glad you found the book a worthy read.

As for your current thoughts about "living in the present," I hear you, brother; This is part of my current journey as well.

Many Blessings, Heather

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home