Monday, September 18, 2006

Community....

Hadn't been at my home church for several weeks. A little weary after leading the Ignite Leadership retreat at Jackson's, but I made the effort, glad I did.

I sang songs of worship, I participated in dialogue with the group about prayer and then we prayed. I deposited by offering. I heard a message from Nehemiah on practical ways to protect that which is important (namely our walk with Christ). In the closing circle I held hands with a lady I had never met before, first time visitor (she had requested we pray for those who are addicted, so I'm thinking she's been touched by that huge) and my blind friend from China, Hong-Shu, and then I had good-hearted handshakes, smiles, and conversations with several people. Good to be physically present with the local church commnity with whom I identify.

The weekend was marvellous, including a serendipitous introduction to "speed scrabble", a successful ascending of the "Climbing wall" (felt sooooooooooooooooo good - last year was ill - had to bail half-way up - thanks Kanga!), some good cemetery and ponder the sunset on beach time, and generally marvellous interaction with what we at one point had playfully dubbed my harem - four young, incredible women of Italian, Hong Kong, Australian descent, who are all pressing full on for what God wants to do in their lives.

God drew close - the ulimate community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home