Sunday, June 18, 2006

The body of Christ - das is gut!!

The body of Christ is a living fellowship which transcends language, culture.

Attended mass in Cologne cathedral today - I sensed a connection with other believers, we "passed the peace", I heard hymns, lovely children's choir.

I didn't understand a lot however. There is a lesson here, sometimes we don't communicate well, no excuses, we must speak clearly, plainly in a heart and head language which speaks to the heart.

I had entered the service, a little rattled, disoriented, waiting for a train to take me back to Nuremberg, alone in a big city - when I emerged I was at peace. I guess it makes sense to gather together for worship.

Upon returning to Nuremberg, I was told that some of the residents missed me, "the older David" - that's community as well.

The body of Christ is a wonderful thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger KRK said...

Dave
I happened upon your post tonight. Remembering our friendship with thanksgiving for you. Keep up the good work. Cathi and I are here in northern California for another two days before returning home to London. Blessings to you, Bev and the family.
Kevin

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home