Wednesday, November 16, 2005

REAL-ATIONSHIPS

Ah the creative juices flow - a new word!

Brennan Manning "A Glimpse of Jesus" is stirring up a lot in my spirit, almost too much to take - when we go deep we stir up, and we start confronting strong-holds - the way out is not more will-power, but humility before God and others.

We can experience the compassion and unconditional acceptance of Jesus Christ only when we feel valued and cherished by others.

(Have I experienced the message “God loves you” through people” REAL-ATIONSHIPS)

The quality of a Christian’s presence in the assembly, his relationship to God, and to his brothers and sisters, is key.

The value of community worship in the sight of God – independent of the quality of music, effectiveness of preaching, imagination of the the service and décor – is measured by the quality of life and love in the community of faith.

The body of Christ - His provision - the way out, the way in, the way through. Let's keep going!

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

That's so true - thank you David. (p.s. I'm Richard Swingle's student) Bless you~

8:48 AM  
Blogger Gordon said...

I love Brennan Manning's writing I'd not come across this one - thanks. Thanks also for creating the tangerine orange - I told my girls the creator of the tangerine orange had visited my blog they were impressed!!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home