Friday, October 07, 2005

Stress-free living?


I was born anxious - apparently phenobarb was administered, so I would stop rubbing my ankles and the subsequent chafing of my skin.

After quite a journey,I'm learning to love God even more than the desire to have this anxiety go away. Right now it is my offering to him.

The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Then Moses said to him, "If your presence does not go with us, do not send us from here."

God knew Moses by name, promised his presence; Moses was deseparate and held out and on. David pledges likewise.

Archibald Hart shares another scriptural prescription for stress-free living: "Your beauty...should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle, and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight". (1 Peter 3:3,4)

I can do adrenaline, they don't come more highly wired than myself - but I seek his presence, I seek Him. I trust him. (and I take deep breaths once in a while, just like the one I just took!).

1 Comments:

Blogger KiR said...

Dad,
Love you. Happy Thanksgiving. Wish I could be there.
I do pray for you and for you to be more than a conqueror with this anxiety.
Blessings,

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home