Monday, October 17, 2005

God's Grace.....


I'm so tired today. Back in the office, but thanking God for passionate, energetic, youth; answered prayer; updates with old friends, and connections with new ones - race, age, socio-economic stuff blown away by God's grace.

Got to spend a great weekend of fellowship with Youth and Leaders from Manitoba and Saskatchewan. This old guy kept up with the late hours, football game, and powerful worship.

Here's Heidi's testimony - she arrived late due to a traffic accident. She's rooted in Jesus.

God's grace, how would you define it? Ephesians 2:8 describes it as, "for it is by grace you have been saved through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God."

I know I experienced God's grace yesterday, on the trip here...As some of you might have heard the truck I was travelling in ended up driving through the ditch to avoid a serious accident. The vehicle hit the ditch at a high speed but avoided rolling, hitting a mailbox, a telephone booth, a pole and two vehicles. All those in the vehicle were not seriously injured.

When I realized that everybody was OK, it really dawned on me how much grace God has. Everybody who went through the ditch are wearing a hospital bracelet from Yorkton hospital. Personally I consider wearing mine to remind me of God's grace. Because of that grace, I am alive and thanking God for how he saved me, both physically and spiritually.

The pain I feel in my back from the accident yesterday is only minor compared to the pain I can imagine I'd feel living a life without God.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8

I'll get a good night's sleep tonight - thankful for God's amazing grace - sweet....and his powerful touch on my life - I'm lost without him, I'm desperate for him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home