Sunday, October 02, 2005

My dog is a good Christian...(according to some)

A lot of conversations being generated about speech - see comments on September 27 and son Joel's blog of Wednesday September 28 canadiansalvo.blogspot.com.

My dog is a good Christian by some's definition - he doesn't drink, smoke, or curse...

How's that for a tease - See my response September 27 for more. I relish conversations and soul-talk - God is honoured.

"May.. the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord my Redeemer..."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have posted the following on both of your sites, David and Joel. I wanted to share my comments with both you. It is in reference my previous comment regarding swear words:

Joel & David,
Please forgive me if it appeared that I was judging your family in the previous discussions regarding swearing. I must say, although I only know your family from a distance I have not heard anyone speak anything but praise for the Ivany's. I feel your Dad is a great leader and example as are you Joel, to our young people.

My intent was just to open the discussion. To get people thinking and talking. My reference to you David, your Dad Joel, was out of respect for the position he holds and the many issues he must deal with.

I did not know however if your Dad/You were aware that discussions about swearing, are taking place in many places: at large Army youth gatherings; in the intimacy of small youth Bible studies; at formal youth gatherings and youth groups. I did not know if he/you were aware of how large the topic has become and I respect your Dads/your guidance to individual young people, to groups of young people as well as to our Corps youth Leaders.

My prayer is that we all continue to discuss the topics that we question. That we all look first to God, then also to one another for guidance and insight. May God continue to bless the youth of the Army as they move forward in an ever-changing world with an unchanging Lord.
In Christ,
A Sister in Salvation

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home