Friday, September 30, 2005

Tragedy Sucks....

Back from the West Coast - holy times...

...of "soul-talk" with Jesus' body (new friends) at a vocational retreat in Abbotsford;

...with my daughter at the Balmoral Hotel/War College, Vancouver's east side, in the cold, windy rain, and meth addicts and bodies posing as lives;

...lunch on a patio in the glorious sunshine with my brother who shared of a couple I know who have chosen to live a part;

...with a new youth pastor whose mission statement is "to keep following in love with Jesus, and lead others to fall in love with Jesus"

I'm back at the office (ouch) in Toronto...

...phone message from the pastor in Montreal - a young man with a free spirit, painful past behind him, whimsical smile whom our family came to love - killed in a traffic accident - family wanted us to know.

....phone call - the father of a good friend (an emerging Christian leader) had an aneurysm, is on life support...

Tragedy sucks - God shouts - I don't like the sound. Even after all these years of philosophizing and trusting, I still ask the why questions, but... I more readily move into the "to whom do I turn?" and "what do I do now?" questions.

Life is complex, life is simple.

Seize it - in the pain of it, the excitement, and the boredom; Seize God - in his mystery, his silence, his grace, his wildness.....

He desires you....he's calling us home....

David Ivany
Territorial Youth Secretary

"Leading people to follow Jesus..."
2005 YEAR OF CHILDREN AND YOUTH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home