Monday, October 24, 2005

Roots and Wings

Bev and I are in Edmonton, having shared a weekend “Focusing on Families”. We left friends, jobs, home, church family 28 years ago!

What a flood of emotions, thoughts, memories, nostalgia – catching up on additions, losses, struggles, sad stories, happy stories – people still gathering in hope and love in community. What a rich time in seminars, conversation, worship.

I met a man who was still greeting people at the door, and working the sound system. He made a point of chatting with me, reminding me of my last words to him, when we had last met, when he had visited our first corps, in 1980.

“I’m where I’m supposed to be”

Well it’s been quite a journey – but perspective proves the reminder of my words to him true all these years later.

We shared on Roots and Wings. Rooted in Jesus, his body, timeless biblical principles, obedient to him, and in doing so experiencing, soaring if you like, beyond what we ever could have imagined.

God knows the beginning from the end. We can trust and obey. Are you where you are supposed to be?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have the opportunity to attend Saturday's session, but what you and Bev shared yesterday morning was great. Thanks.

2:55 PM  
Blogger KiR said...

I believe I am!
Love you dad. Miss you.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home