Sunday, July 03, 2005

The smile, innocence, wonder, trust, picture of Jesus in a child....

Time is racing - vapour....gotta' blog...

Taking out the garbage early the other morning - a mother (veiled and covered - of a culture different than mine) and her son were passsing.

I was conscious of the mother, and the little guy - a cute, innocent four year old - our eyes met and I was going to say hello, but the Mother and I hadn't had eye contact - what would she think of me, a stranger, an older male caucasian, in the big city, establishing contact? So though some energy had been established, and a connection - no action BUT then the little guy turns around oblivious to his mother and extends the most significant smile I've ever seen - a grace-filled smile, and he said "hello" and darted off just as quicklly, with my "hi" in his ears.

Doing a lot of processing about "incarnational living", "community", "relationships" - how to "do it" naturally etc. I'm just going to keep seeking Jesus, following him, listening to him, abiding in him, and if his spirit is in me - it will flow out and the connections will happen.

It's not the great things always, but the small things done with great love, (sometimes unconsciously - perhaps the best times) that count.

I just feel my maker smiled with my friend and I the other morning by the garbage...the wonder of a child....seeing Jesus in children...

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Wow, that's got deepness to it, meaningful deep love, I like what you said..."It's not the great things always, but the small things done with great love, (sometimes unconsciously - perhaps the best times) that count."

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home