Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Life is a Beach

One philosophy of life I heard while rehabbing 8 weeks for a brutal femur fracture (ah Ice hockey!) 12 years ago was: LIFE IS A BITCH AND THEN YOU DIE!

This morning in devotions, John of the Cross is talking about weapons of mass distraction (not his term)and to remember them I created an acrostic: Pride; Lust; Anger; Greed; Envy. which is the french word for beach (plage).

We sometimes get "beached" shipwrecked because of memory or imagination fuelled by distractions within or circumstances without and life may very well seem to be a bitch.

I say from my heart, life is hard, but God is good and I need to look to Jesus and daily position myself in his light.

I became close to my fraternity of suffering rehabbers, but nothing compared to the intimacy I experience with Jesus, who knows me, and my Lord who gives me the grace to choose to follow him every day.

He's for us. He forgives us. O how I love Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home