Thursday, June 16, 2005

Laying my crowns at the feet of Jesus....

Have just spent a marvellous few days with committed believers from around the world, who gathered in conference to discuss, converse, listen to papers, worship at an Urban Forum in Atlanta.

One morning we sang: "We bow down, we lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus".

We then broke into small groups - I prayed with Simon (African), Peter (Brit), Dianne (Nova Scotia) - God was close to us.

We were then encouraged to seek out others who the Lord would be speaking to us about.

Well one of my crowns was in the gathering, just a few seats away.

When my four children were born, they were dedicated to the Lord, given back to him. And yet as SA officers, who minister, not for the money, or prestige, my family, my kids have become very important to me.

In a sense they're like my "Crown", something I deeply value, something which reflects who I am, my security, my values, my joy, my hope.

So I prayed into Rochelle's life and told her some of what I've just said - and I shed some tears right from the pit of my being and I said good-bye to her, I released her again into God's service.

I don't apologize for the richness of my family -they all serve Jesus passionately, and uniquely - but I do rejoice in the richness of the family of Christ - which is THE family, and which has enriched my family.

So Rochelle and John head off for three years to Harare, Zimabwe - go in peace; Josh heads off from Vancouver War College to help plant a 614 in London, Ontario (a faith walk) - go in peace; Kirsten looks to be heading from Montreal to the War College in Vancouver - go in peace; Joel is enjoying the opportunities of this summer and dreaming some dreams, but the fall is uncertain - go in peace.

Whatever our crowns, may we lay them, and - though the temptation be strong to take them back - leave them at the foot of Jesus.

He loved us before we existed, and taking knowledge of this we can trust in his love and set aside every fear. I believe Lord, help my unbelief.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave:
You are an awesome brother and I am moved to tears as I read about you blessing your children. Releasing them. Thanks for sharing so personally and deeply. A blessed family - glad to be part of it. Cathie

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words to hear.
What a blessing you are, as well as the rest of your family.

-Jennifer

3:26 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

As I new mother, I really enjoyed reading your blog about releasing your kids. It feels hard to do but at the same time is the only option. I know my parents did the same for me and what a great example to set. You're building a beautiful legacy.

CNE

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home