Monday, May 09, 2005

Mashed potatoes and carrot FAITH

So I am trying to describe to my blind, new to Canada, Chinese friend, what is on the plate of food that someone just put before him at the fellowship meal.

I said jokingly - you've got to have faith in me don't you - and he he said what is faith? A new word for him.

And we had the perfect picture of "Sure of what we hope for; certain of what we do not see"

He was hoping for a meal, and certain of what he could not see - and the difference he told me was me - I was that person he could trust for that info.

So the classic definition in Hebrews 11:1 made sense - and came alive for me.

O me of little faith, but faith of a mustard seed - far-reaching - that's a kingdom of God symbol.

Descend on my soul now like a river of peace to take away my uncertainties, my minor upsets, my fear of the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home