Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Stinkin' Thinkin' gets hit by rest in the shadow of the ALMIGHTY

Man I've been sick, I'm sick of being sick, I feel compelled to share the gory details - but "too much information".

We can land on the moon - can't find a cure for the common cold - how weak and vulnerable I am, then HOW MUCH MORE everyone else - a fast from health, and sleep reveal our frailty - JESUS can come in - he has come in.

I hum his name between consciousness and sleep.

"He who dwells in the presence of the most high, will rest in the shadow of the almighty. I will sing of the Lord, he is my fortress and refuge, my God in whom I trust." (Psalm 91:1,2)

I'm applying this verse, I am letting the Word dwell in me richly, deeply. Meditate on some key words - I want to, need to go deeper with my God - falling more deeper in love with him.

Looking to Jesus - takes effort - stinkin' thinkin' vanishes with discipline as I keep looking to Jesus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

I hope you're feeling (physically) better soon! Thanks for the book recommendations. I've been meaning to get into Bonhoeffer for months.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home