Monday, July 11, 2005

Feedback/Jesus freak (Deja vu all over again)

I feel like I have either dreamed writing the contents of this post, or it has happened before with some names changed. Hmmm......

Preached last night at 614 - I'm a "feedback freak" although in claiming that fact in recent months, I don't need it as much - still like it (who doesn't?) however.

One gentlemen, whom I had met the previous week, came up after the meeting and in his strong spanish accent, pointing to his eyes, shared "I wept a tear".

Something connected with his spirit - a spirit connection which transcended language, culture, age - we all respond differently, but we all are made to "know", connect with our maker.

Thank you Lord for the privilege of being your vessel, your conduit, your connection so that your spirit might awaken in all of us hopes, longings, dreams.

Woe to me if I don't connect with others when sharing your life-giving word!

In a similar vien it was neat to see Company 150 connecting Saturday p.m. - Dave Rawlins does this spirit inspired edgy Hendrix-like extended riff with Joel spontaneously reading from the Psalms and people were responding.

How great is our God!

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

connections, hopes, longings, dreams. Funny how he speaks to us though things...

Love the ali over liston photo!

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home