Sunday, January 02, 2005

I'M STUCK ON THE O.C.

Wait - it's not my sensibilities gone wild over relating to youth and children for the 2005 International Year of Youth and Children by watching huges gobs of TV - the O.C. included - although culture is descriptive and proscriptive - (it helps me understand my world and also tries to squeeze me into its mould) - a discerning dose of Holy Spirit will help us nail this one down - it's not easy but necessary (like ever good thing for us) alas I should know and be aware of the O.C. and other stuff, but I digress...

The O.C. I'm on to is Oswald Chambers "My Utmost for his Highest" daily devotional. I'd had it on my shelf for years, nibbled on it occasionally - then in 2003 I read it through - A BLESSING!

I've got my 2005 devotional sked down and while I read a couple of things daily in my structured time - this year it will be Men's Devotional Bible, and for my Emotional Well-being (Intelligence) Henri Nouwen's "The Inner Voice of Love" (I know I need this as my emotions can get of out whack real quick and I need daily reminders) and the O.C.

An excerpt:
The idea is not that we work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us - "I reckon on you for EXTREME service, with no complaining on your part and no EXPLANATION on Mine." God want to use us as He used His own son.

"And we know that God works all things together for good to those who love him and are called by him."

Trust and obey sovereign God - he's partnering with us - have you got that - his way is best you see - we're in His hands. He's got us covered. Thanks Oswald - but thank you Jesus!

(CAUTION: This OC bread is chewy - not for the casual snacker - guaranteed to fortify)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home