Friday, December 31, 2004

AMAZING FRUSTRATION, I mean....GRACE!

The phone line was all crackly over Christmas, finally repaired - a real frustration - yet I still communicated with loved ones and friends, and indeed from around the globe- FRUSTRATION??

My Alarm system at the house was beeping every 3 minutes, malfunctioning, a real frustration - my Dad's has had a constant ringing in his ear over the holidays - FRUSTRATION?

I've had the stomach flu for the past few weeks - a real frustration, not real bad, just miserable - but then I know folks on chemotherapy - FRUSTRATION?

I've been off my routine, a little bummed out, bit of an emotional roller-coaster on extended holiday- a real frustration - millions would love to work, or have the luxuary of a holiday - how do you spell tsunami? FRUSTRATION?

Jesus sees me whining (I've doin' this for 53 years!) he's been to the cross, he made the total committment, and is for me, and depending on me - FRUSTRATION!

It is with gratitude that I fall upon the precious boundless grace of my Saviour - I choose to follow Jesus - there's no other name like it - say it, whisper it - in the dark night of your soul, when the pain's too much, when temptation is overwhelming, when doubts creep in, when you're soooo alone - whisper his name - he's there.

I'm going to keep following Jesus....he's for me, hallelujah, and I choose to be for him, to follow him...for time and eternity, Lord help me serve you with body, heart, mind and soul.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brother Dave (literally), thanks for the blogs. I just read a whole pile of yours today and am grateful for your thoughts, insights and the fact that at 53 God is REAL in your life. I have experienced much frustration over recent months to the point of self-pity, BUT, God is nudging me and I feel that I am overcoming - isn't that cool? Walked the dog twice today and poured prayer over my community - I am here - we are here for a reason. Our beautiful little community of Streetsville. Yes - frustration - a few too many to mention BUT Jesus is the name I breathe. Thanks to him for being so patient with me. Anyway - I ramble (a true Ivany). Keep championing......Cathie

7:19 PM  
Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

Not sure if my previous comment got on - thanks for the encouragement. God is waking people up - community can be a safe and challenging place.

Revealing feeling is healing.

When our pain gets us in touch with THE PAIN (human suffering - and God's remedy the CROSS)our prayers and cries are powerful.

I've read over holidys and have decided that my pain can be service to him. Lord of all.

As you seek Him, not even the plan, but seek Him, the plan will come. I say that to my own heart as well!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home