Wednesday, December 22, 2004

SANTA GIVES PRESENTS - GOD GIVES PEOPLE AND FORGIVENESS!

Sunday at Lick's (Christmas hamburger and fries!!) for lunch, Billy (not his real name) aged 8?who sat opposite me was asked if he knew the difference between Santa Claus and God.

His reply - Santa gives gifts, God doesn't. Wrong answer I thought...

He then continued, but God gives people and forgiveness. PROFOUND ANSWER.

From the mouths of babes - PEOPLE, FORGIVENESS - CHRIST and CHRIST FOLLOWERS.

I love Billy - right from the heart - he has not had an easy life yet he lines up with one of my other favourites Buechner who said after ordination "I will work to forgive people - everybody longs to be forgiven.

At the end, when all is said and done, and all the toys of every Christmas, yea your whole life have been bought, used and/or left on the garbage heap - all that you will have left is God and your family (natural and/or spiritual).

Forgiven, reconciled, at home. O how I love Jesus and Billy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home