Sunday, December 12, 2004

So you think you've got it figured out...

I'm preaching humility today - the humilty of Christ - who became man, baby in fact, servant, crucifixion victim - WILLINGLY AT THAT!

So I'm humbled today which is a good place to be when you're gonna preach on it, because I just received a reluctant Christmas card from Kelowna yesterday.

The family there has been touched by three deaths of teenagers, two neighbours and a nephew/cousin.

What do you say - well first of all if you're wise, you don't say anything for a while, a long time - you just hang out as close as those feeling the burden allow you.

If you do speak, you don't say stuff like "It was God's will" - cause that makes God look like someone I don't want to be part of - and he is someone I am a part of.

When time allows you can humbly venture forth that you can't begin to imagine what they're going through or feeling, but that is must hurt.

And then later, again when the time is right, you might even write it down and send it along in a card or an email - but then you should follow it up personally (this takes guts - but its powerful) and communicate the same thing, again humbly.

Jesus is my home-boy, in the sense that he's visited my place, and he's taking me home one day. I've got to trust him for all the details, and timing in between. It's hard, but I've got to...

1 Comments:

Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

My heart is strangely warmed - you are mining gold right now - keep following Jesus....

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home