Friday, December 08, 2006

A Prayer for Incarnation


Ken Gire, one of my favourite devotional writers muses on the powerful, evocative memory of fresh bread emanating from the bakery.

He then talks of Jesus the bread of life who sustains and is present with people. We too can be present - this present is the best present you can give.

Help me, O God, To live the recipe
before I give the recipe.
Give me the kneading strength
to work the words into the doughy recesses of my life.
Help me to leave it alone a while
so it can rise.
Help me not to fear the oven
so it can bake.
And grant that in the baking,
the world would be able to roll down its window
and savour the aroma of freshly baked bread…

Ken Gire

God with us, in us. God in us, with others. May it be so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home