Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Don't pray until you let the things that break God's heart, break yours...


Prayer could actually be that process.

Have been following some readings from the Moravian community - passages today talked of Jesus being spat upon, mocked (Mark 14) and then in Numbers - the priests being advised that they would not receive an inheritance of land like the others (they were well provided by tithes for daily needs) but the Lord said rather "I am your inheritance."

The weapons of mass distraction beckon at times, but I have been called, I don't have any land, property (I don't begrudge those who do), but God is my inheritance (I realize those who have land, have him as an inheritance as well) - and in the uniqueness of my call, is the uniqueness of my intimacy and experience with God.

My wife says I'm too deep - but she loves me!

Received various greetings on my 55th birthday yesterday, for which I was most grateful, I must confess I teared up as I had the rich privilege of talking on the phone to my two daughters, both who have my (and others) unending respect as they serve God in Harare, Zimbabwe, and downtown Vernon, BC.

Rochelle and Kirsten let the the things that break God's heart, break theirs - humbling, hard, but we all must respond to the call he has for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger armybarmy said...

Happy birthday
grace,
stephenC

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home