Saturday, December 04, 2004

An Audience of One....

I've been on holiday for a few days - went back to my old digs in Montreal, first visit (we left in July).

It was great seeing former neighbours, colleagues, friends - there were a lot more people I HAD to see than in other places I've lived. Brought some closure - life moves on, I'm in a different space, so are they, but we are still linked.

Someone had commented, when we go through difficult times with people our connections go deeper. That was it - we'd had some tough, tough times, faced some heavies - but we'd shared it in community.

I'd always kind of done things in my own strength and God's strength, but our 5 years in Montreal had us face down in need of prayer and reaching out to others - desperate for Him, lost without him and His body.

One friend had just experienced unprecedented stress - he shared that a few days away, meditation and a sermon preached entitled: "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face - and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace" - brought him back from the brink - oh yeah, he was the preacher.

God sees, knows, and values the heart -into my heart Lord - come in I pray, come in to stay...

Shared heart, shared Body. God you do good work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home