Friday, November 26, 2004

Just where he needs me, my Lord has placed me

I thank God for Lisa whose journey with Christ has taken her to Capetown. She is committed to a vision of young african salvationists being equipped to provide leadership in a time when leaders are dying off because of AIDS.

A 23 year old CO buries 5 senior soldiers one day, victims to HIV - and then the orphans.

Replacements are needed, those who can breathe hope into a challenging situation.

Lisa is a servant - and I thank God for her committment. I pray for a restful time in Canada before she returns. I pray that God will send resources to fuel the vision. I'm thankful for our chat today. I'm thankful for those youth with a servant heart, a heart which says yes to God.

"Radical servanthood is not an enterprise in which we surround ourselves with as much misery as possible, but joyful way of life in which our eyes are opened to the vision of the true God who chose the way of servanthood to make himself known."

God's people go where others fear to go; they do what others fear to do.

They're real, relevant, relational. I'm glad I joined!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home