Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm in his hands...


A good friend died this week - a stroke and gone. I thank God for him and pray for his family.


Another good friend is suffering physically, he can't quit the booze, he admitted same to me recently.


I want so much to do something, it's a better alternative than running - but what can I do? I seek God, I bring people before God, and God will do his work, in me as to what I should or shouldn't do, and with others.


the carpenter picks up the saw
and walks toward me again.
i shudder and gasp, “why?
why is he torturing me like this?”
but then, after the blade
has done its work, i realize that
in the hands of a master carpenter,
no piece of wood is safe
from becoming a masterpiece.

Steven James


I'm off to SARoots this weekend. We will be attentive to God, his creation, his people, his word for us.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

Dad - some great carpenter imagery - wow. When do we get to hear about Haiti???? (not to put pressure...) love you lots, Rochelle xo

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home