Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Perseverance...all will be well....


Attended a funeral yesterday of an acquaintance who had shared so much grief, pain, suffering,hardship during his life, layer after layer. Cancer, heart disease with major bypass surgery, severe diabetes, amputation of two legs, and yet throughout, a sense of humour and a trust in God - amazing....beautiful service, encouragement to keep on.

This week "let us run with pereverance the race marked out for us, let us fix our eyes on Jesus, consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so you will not lose heart" (Hebrews 12:2,3)


We like Peter could be prone to a pity party (Henri Nouwen describes original sin as humanity's endless capacity for self-rejection). Here John Gowans take on post denial Peter:

Knowing my failing, knowing my fears,
Seeing my sorrow, drying my tears,
Jesus recall me, me re-ordain
You know I love you, use me again.

I have no secrets, unknown to you,
No special graces, talents are few,
Yet your intention I would fulfill;
You know I love you, ask what you will.

For the far future I cannot see,
Promise your presence, travel with me;
Sunshine or shadows? I cannot tell;
You know I love you, all will be well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home