Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Alleluia.....tasted again, as if for the first time...


Almighty God, who through thine only-begotten Son Jesus Christ hast overcome death, and opened unto us the gate of everlasting life; We humbly beseech thee, that as by thy special grace thou dost put into our minds good desires, so by thy continual help may we bring the same to good effect; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee and the Holy Spirit, ever one God, world without end. Amen.

"When they saw him, the worshiped him; but some doubted..."


Before the Great Commission, Jesus appeared, tangible presence - some believed, some doubted. Jesus to Thomas, blessed are you who see and believe, how much more those who don't see (us) and yet believe.

I had prayed this holy week, that I would have a deeper revelation of a gracious God, who sees my sinful nature, my sins, and my heart, and who by His son, the Lord Jesus sympathizes, and suffers, with whose stripes I am healed.

Profound, beyond explanation I claimed the healing the deep wound of my heart, the wound we all bear, and demonstrate in one way or another.

Healing and hope - I pray this new awareness would result in the sentiments expressed in the ancient prayer above, a gracious growth in Christlikeness. Alleluia.






Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home