Friday, March 17, 2006

PAPA


Some heady days recently:
- amazing time with family at son Josh's wedding (we love you Jennifer),
- God drawing so very close at Innovare 2006, a conference I convened for youth, youth leaders in Canada and Bermuda - God is faithful.
- then three days at a conference with three heroes: Larry Crabb, Gordon MacDonald, and Dallas Willard - all of these men have impacted my life significantly, and there we all were in the same room drinking from the same spirit.

I am humbly learning God's ways, discovering his presence, and seeking his power/glory.

I've got 6 months blogs in my head right now, but I'll settle for Crabb's acronym on prayer - relational prayer:

P - present yourself as you are - don't fake it - as you are, God can take it - right now.
A - attend to your view of God, is it a twisted one in your image - or will "the real you meets the real God."
P - purge all relational sin - get things right- right now.
A - approach God to get what He longs to give.

Abba Father, Daddy, Papa hears, and knows, and longs to give us what he wants us to have and what we need. It's not always what we want, but he is smart, good, and dangersou. Bless him!

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie Jill said...

Innovare was truly a blessing! Thank you so much for inviting me to be a part of it. I have yet to "unpack" all that I experienced there.

Ps: Thanks for the make-shift tissues and making me feel that it's okay to cry.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much Dave for Innovare 2006! My fire has been burning higher and brighter since!! Things are happening!

It's awesome to met God through all of you!! (hey Natalie!)

I love Larry Crabb's acronym! Going to have to check out the other authors!

I love how God gives you just what you need when you need it!! (He is an awesome God!)

Looking foward to seeing you and Bev this weekend!!!
Blessings,
Danielle (so much to say...)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Sarvesh said...

Thanks for Sharing. Yes! You are right that our heavenly fathers cares for us!

Sarvesh-Joshua

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home