Saturday, February 26, 2005

Chill - grace - perspective - being part of the bigger story...

We're supposed to be in Amherst Nova Scotia doing a retreat with 30 young adults right now - but a blizzard warning cancelled the weekend just as we were gearing up to go. Ouch!

I've felt a tinge of a cold coming on and have been really tired - we haven't had a full day to ourselves for so long - so...

I slept in today, went to the gym, had an amazing RPM cycling class, eucalyptus in the sauna, nice breakfast, grapefruit juice included, in my new hangout, read the paper, listened to classical music on the radio - songs from my past - Bach cello, Prelude to a Fawn Ravel, Barber of Seville, did my devotions, read the paper, did the Saturday crossword (I was on) - the sun was streaming through the window, the gas fireplace giving appropriate ambience.

Oh I am so grateful for a sabbath rest - if it's good for the creator, it's good for me. I am so grateful to be loved by eternal God, to have a home prepared for me - hope.

I am also grateful that as a "resdient alien" - the simple things in life can give such joy - all is grace. I don't need much, but when it comes my way, I am most thankful.

Heck, even shovelling the driveway in the brilliant sun was grace.

Solitiude was cool, but spending time with friends and family this afternoon will be cool as well. A movie, some scrabble, some time in a book tomorrow, and more sabbath rest tomorrow.

I'll get to Amherst one day, then maybe not - but God is with me, I am part of his bigger story.

The small things - given with great love; the small things - received with great gratitude.

Thank you Jesus!

1 Comments:

Blogger KiR said...

It was cool hanging out dad. I got some good rest too. Always nice :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home