Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Loved by God with an unending love....


Imagine how much a persons’s life would be changed if he trusted that he was loved by God?

· He could interact with the poor and show no partiality,
· He could love his spouse easily and not expect her to redeem him
· He would be slow to anger because redemption was no longer at stake
· He would be wise and giving with his money because money no longer represented points of
· He would give up his formulaic religion, knowing that checking stuff off a spiritual to-do list was a worthless pursuit
· He would have confidence and the ability to laugh at himself
· He could love people without expecting anything in return.

It would be quite beautiful really.

Donald Miller “Searching for God knows what”

You have loved me even before I existed,
And knowing this,
I can place my trust in your love
And set aside every fear.

Catherine of Siena

3 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Baker said...

Hey, Dave! You left this quote on my blog a couple of weeks ago, and I thought you'd be interested to know that it was right in the middle of a few preaches on love and being able to forgive people, etc. The quote was used on Valentine's Day at our Youth service and was incredibly well timed. Praise the Lord for His servants and the way He uses them! And thanks for your faithfulness - it was well used to glorify our great God.

Be blessed - I hope you have a great time at Josh and Jenn's wedding, and I'm so sorry I can't be there to share in it.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Major Dave said...

He would be free to be himself, and follow the delicate and sweet winds of the Spirit. I am learning.

He would be delivered of all need to compare, and purchase self-worth at the cost of another.

He would be fully man.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Agent of Renewal said...

yes....

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home